Valid as of: 25/05/2018
If you have any requests concerning your Personal Data or any queries with regard to these practices please us contact at email@example.com.
You do not need to submit any of your Personal Data when browsing our Website. If you do not want us to process your Personal Data, please do not submit any of your Personal Data on this Website. Please note, however, that without your Personal Data, you may not be able to use some of the services offered by the Website. In order to use our App, you will need to submit some Personal Data, as set out hereunder.
2. When do we collect Personal Data?
Through our Website, we collect Personal Data from you through the use of online forms and every time you email us your details.
Through our App, we collect Personal Data from you when you create a user profile and every time you use our App.
3. What Personal Data do we collect form you?
When you use our Website, we may collect the following categories of Personal Data from you:
- Identification data (including your coordinates)
- Information about your computer or your mobile device (e.g. IP address or MAC address), which we can collect automatically from your computer or mobile device;
- The information you submit to us when you contact us.
When you use our App, we may collect the following categories of Personal Data from you, depending on the capacity of the User:
- Identification data (including your coordinates): name and first name, email address, phone number;
- (Optionally) geo-localisation data;
- Financial characteristics (the credit card details (for the Parents) and bank account number (optional for the Sitters);
- Personal characteristics (data of birth, sex, picture, language);
- Number and age of children;
- Information regarding your skills (degrees, experiences, approval as Maternal Assistant (as defined in our General Terms and Conditions);
- Information about your mobile device (such as: brand, model, operating system, MAC address, WiFi connections, network);
- Information from your mobile phone: contacts (optional), please note that for security reasons telephone numbers are converted into pseudonymised data through encryption;
- Data regarding your use of the App (your favourite Sitters, Sittings history, ratings (including evaluations from Bsit), etc.);
- The information relating to your Facebook account;
- The log files relating to your use of the App and our services (for example last login).
At the time of collection of your Personal Data, we will indicate to you whether you are obliged to provide certain Personal Data in order to use our services and / or the App. Please note that if you do not wish to provide us with such mandatory Personal Data (contractually obliged or by law), you will not be able to use the App or our services. Other Personal Data that is not mandatory may be provided by you voluntarily and is optional. If you do not wish to share this optional Personal Data, this will not affect your ability to use our services or the App.
4. What do we do with your Personal Data?
Our Website and our App are primarily intended to provide a service that connects Parents and Sitters with each other. When you provide us with your Personal Data we use it as indicated hereunder:
- The management, theoperation and the improvement of a commercial application that puts Parents and Sitters in contact with each other;
- Managing our App;
- Sending you or other persons using the App or Website promotional or informational messages about the App;
- Contacting you at your request to keep you informed of our activities;
- Statistical analysis;
- Promoting our services via a frame present on a third party website (widget) or by means of messages to interested persons in which we indicate that you already use our services. We can also use your Personal Data in e-mails inviting Users to reserve a Sitting through our App. You can let us know at any time that you no longer wish your Personal Data to be used for these purposes by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To make every effort to avoid or detect any fraudulent and / or illegal activities on the App or as part of our services;
- To maintain security and confidentiality on the App and the use of our service;
- To know your preferences to allow us to better learn how you use our App or our services.
In order for you to enjoy the gifts offered by our reliable business partners, we may share certain Personal Data with these partners. However, we are not responsible for the subsequent use made by these partners of your Personal Data. To learn more about their use of your Personal Data, please refer to the privacy policies of these business partners.We will not retain your Personal Data longer than is necessary for the proposed purpose of processing of your Personal Data as stated in this Policy. When we do not have a legitimate business need to process your Personal Data, we will delete them or make them anonymous, or if this is not possible (for example, your Personal Data has been stored in backup archives), we store them safely and isolate them from further processing until removal is possible.
Your Personal Data is processed for the purpose of fulfilling the contractual obligations of Bsit related to the services offered, as well as for the legitimate interests pursued by Bsit to ensure the legitimate expectations of other Users in terms of security and trust. In this case, we take care to preserve a proportionate balance between your fundamental rights and the legitimate interest of Bsit and its community of Users.
In addition, we may also process certain Personal Data with your prior consent.
5. Who do we pass your Personal Data to?
We may transmit your Personal Data to other Users to enable them to contact you via the App.
We may transfer your Personal Data to our business partners in the context of promotional campaigns in accordance with what is stated here above. However, we do not share your Personal Data with other third parties outside our company without your prior consent.
We will only disclose Personal Data to government bodies and law enforcement agencies, if (i) required by law or (ii) to comply with judicial requests or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person. We may also share Personal Data with external service providers which we use to help us offer the data processing services or who process the Personal Data for purposes described in this Policy, or which are notified to you when collecting your Personal Data. This concerns communications with third-party providers as well as other service providers we use as part of the services they provide to us, including support in areas such as payment, hosting or bill processing.
Some of the service providers we use may be based in countries outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). In such circumstance, we shall comply with all applicable laws and take steps to ensure that your Personal Data receive the same level of protection as within the EEA, that is to say, they are stored and used according to our instructions and this Policy and for the purposes we told you at the time of collection of your Personal Data.
In addition, we may transfer your Personal Data to (i) our auditors, advisors, legal representatives and similar agents in the course of providing consulting services to us for legitimate business purposes and pursuant to a contractual prohibition to use the Personal Data for other purposes or (ii) a potential buyer (and its agents and advisors), in connection with a proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of a part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer that he / she must use your Personal Data only for the purposes described in this Policy.
6. International transfers of Personal Data
Since the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process Personal Data necessarily involves the transmission of data across international boundaries. Therefore, by browsing the Website or the App and by providing us Personal Data, you acknowledge our processing of your Personal Data on this basis.
This means that your Personal Data may be transferred and processed in countries other than the country where you reside. These countries may have data protection laws that are different from the laws of your own country (and, in some cases, may not be as protective). More specifically, our servers are located in the EEA and our service providers and partners operate across the globe. This means that when we collect your Personal Data, we can process it in all those countries. However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your Personal Data remain protected in accordance with this Policy.
7. Bsit Care
If you would use the App as part of the Bsit Care program entered into by your employer, we would like to inform you of the following:
- Your employer cannot be held liable for the processing of your Personal Data by us through the App or Website.
- Your employer may be granted access to the following Personal Data: your private telephone number and your corporate e-mail address. However, your employer is not granted access to any other Personal Data, including but not limited to your user history of the Service.
9. Linking to other websites
The Website or the App may contain hyperlinks to websites or apps owned and operated by third parties. These websites or apps have their own privacy policies and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of Personal Data you submit whilst visiting these websites or apps.
We do not accept any liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites or apps and your use of such websites or apps is at your own risk.
We maintain appropriate security measures to protect the Personal Data you provide to us through our Website or our App against unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration, or destruction of the Personal Data. Please note, however, that perfect security does not exist on the Internet. Therefore, while we endeavour to protect your Personal Data, as soon as Personal Data are transferred over the Internet they may potentially be accessed and used by unauthorised parties.
11. Your data protection rights
Under current data protection laws, you have the following rights:
- You may access the Personal Data that Bsit holds about you and, in accordance with the applicable data protection legislation, oppose the processing of your Personal Data for reasons relating to your particular situation and ask us to limit the processing of your your Personal Data;- In addition, in certain circumstances, you have the right to request the portability, correction or deletion of your Personal Data. Please note that regarding the right to portability, it is strictly limited to Personal Data justified by the contractual necessity arising from the relationship between Bsit and the User and the Personal Data processed by Bsit with your consent. It is important that the Personal Data we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date. It is also your responsibility to ensure that your Personal Data is as accurate, complete and up-to-date as possible. Please keep us informed if your Personal Data changes during your relationship with Bsit;
- If we have collected and processed your Personal Data with your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we have performed prior to such withdrawal and will not affect the processing of your personal data on the basis of lawful grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to refuse Bsit communications that we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the link "unsubscribe" or "waiver" in the advertising emails we send you.
- If you have a complaint or concern about how we handle your Personal Data, we will endeavor to address those concerns. If you believe that we have not sufficiently taken into account your complaint or concern, you have the right to complain to a data protection authority about the collection and use we make of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (The contact details of the data protection authorities of the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the United States and Canada) are available here.)
In order to create a certain level of trust and to maintain a minimum security among Users, as well as to detect possible fraud or illegal behavior (for example: inappropriate conduct, harassment, theft, etc.), Bsit reserves the right to retain certain relevant Personal Data (such as last name, first name, phone number, e-mail and notes and comments) despite your request to delete your Personal Data in the following cases: When you have obtained an average rating </ = 3.5 stars awarded by Parents or Sitters or when the Bsit support team, based on serious, objective and concordant information, has reported you in the event of a complaint, negative comment or legitimate suspicion of misconduct.
Please send your request to exercise your data protection rights as explained above, to email@example.com by attaching a copy of your identity card (only verso). Please note that requests are free of charge and that we will respond in accordance with the applicable data protection law within 1 month of receipt of the request. However, in the case of a complex request, this period may be extended by 3 months (we will notify you of this extension of time by email after receipt of your request).